Subject: Re: [PATCH net] ftgmac100: Mostly rewrite the driver

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 11:46:18 +1100

On Thu, 2017-03-30 at 08:08 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 2017-03-29 at 11:08 -0700, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> > I hear your point that you are the only users of the driver and
> > it's
> > already in a bad shape, but take this as an opportunity to increase
> > your commit count ;)
> 
> Haha, my commit count is fine thanks ;-)
> 
> I'll see what I can do. I need to respin anyway, I haven't tested
> the netpoll support and it doesn't build (ugh). So I'll try to break
> it down. Maybe not 200 patches but I'll see if I can make it more
> palatable.

FYI, Dave, Florian

I've started re-doing the work in the form of a series of patches.

I can't promise I'll manage to make them all really small but I'll
do my best. So hold onto reviewing if you haven't started already.

The end result will, I hope, be identical.

Cheers,
Ben.