Subject: Re: [PATCH net] ftgmac100: Mostly rewrite the driver

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 20:59:27 +1100

On Wed, 2017-03-29 at 20:15 -0700, David Miller wrote:
> 
> > I've started re-doing the work in the form of a series of patches.
> > 
> > I can't promise I'll manage to make them all really small but I'll
> > do my best. So hold onto reviewing if you haven't started already.
> > 
> > The end result will, I hope, be identical.
> 
> Thanks for doing this.

Alllllright. 2 days and half a night later, we have a 55 patches series
  ...oops ;-)

I did a few things differently from the original patch but overall it's
pretty similar. At least that exercise allowed me to find and fix a
couple of bugs along the way. I hope I didn't introduce twice as
many...

We're running some more testing tonight, if it's all solid I'll shoot
it out tomorrow or sunday. Dave, it's ok to just spam the list with a
55 patches series like that ?

For the curious, if any, it's there along with an unrelated fix for
testing:

https://github.com/ozbenh/linux-ast/commits/upstreaming-work

Cheers,
Ben.