Subject: Re: [PATCH] mac80211: Create ieee80211_if_process_skb from ieee80211_iface_work

From: Joe Perches <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2017 02:34:33 -0700

On Fri, 2017-05-05 at 11:06 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > o Use explicit casts to proper types instead of casts to (void *)
> >   and have the compiler do the implicit cast
> 
> I see no advantage in this, why? All it does is make the code longer,
> and if anything changes, you have to change it in multiple places now.

It makes use of the casted to types consistent within net/mac80211

Here are the current uses.  I changed iface .c to match the others.

$ grep -P --include=*.[ch] "\((\w++\s*){1,2}\s*\*\).*skb->cb" net/mac80211
net/mac80211/iface.c:			ra_tid = (void *)&skb->cb;
net/mac80211/iface.c:			ra_tid = (void *)&skb->cb;
net/mac80211/iface.c:			rx_agg = (void *)&skb->cb;
net/mac80211/iface.c:			rx_agg = (void *)&skb->cb;
net/mac80211/agg-tx.c:	ra_tid = (struct ieee80211_ra_tid *) &skb->cb;
net/mac80211/agg-tx.c:	ra_tid = (struct ieee80211_ra_tid *) &skb->cb;
net/mac80211/mlme.c:	struct ieee80211_rx_status *rx_status = (void *) skb->cb;
net/mac80211/mlme.c:	rx_status = (struct ieee80211_rx_status *) skb->cb;
net/mac80211/agg-rx.c:	rx_agg = (struct ieee80211_rx_agg *) &skb->cb;