Subject: Re: [RFC iproute2 0/8] RDMA tool

From: Bart Van Assche <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2017 14:40:24 +0000

On Sat, 2017-05-06 at 12:40 +0200, Jiri Pirko wrote:
> Thu, May 04, 2017 at 08:10:54PM CEST, [email-masked] wrote:
> > On Thu, 2017-05-04 at 21:02 +0300, Leon Romanovsky wrote:
> > > Following our discussion both in mailing list [1] and at the LPC 2016 [2],
> > > we would like to propose this RDMA tool to be part of iproute2 package
> > > and finally improve this situation.
> > 
> > Although I really appreciate your work: can you clarify why you would like to
> > add *RDMA* functionality to an *IP routing* tool? I haven't found any motivation
> > for adding RDMA functionality to iproute2 in [1].
> 
> Bart, please realize that iproute2 is much more than "*IP routing* tool".
> I understand you got confused by the name. Please see sources. Your comment
> is totally pointless...

I asked for a clarification that should have been in the cover letter but that
was missing from that cover letter. So I think that was the right thing to do
instead of pointless. BTW, can you explain why you are using an e-mail address
that is hiding that you are a Mellanox employee?

Bart.N�����r��y���b�X��ǧv�^�)޺{.n�+����{��ٚ�{ay�ʇڙ�,j��f���h�����/oSc��ڳ9�u�����&jw��(�階�ݢj"���m�����z�ޖ���f���h���~�m�