Subject: Re: [PATCH] net/smc: mark as BROKEN due to remote memory exposure

From: Doug Ledford <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 12:36:01 -0400

On Tue, 2017-05-16 at 18:30 +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 12:29:23PM -0400, David Miller wrote:
> > 
> > I can't push back on people with silly coding style and small
> > semantic
> > issues forever.  And I think I made a serious effort to keep the
> > patches getting posted over and over again to make sure they got
> > more
> > exposure.
> 
> You can tell them to go to linux-rdma.  I'm sending people to the
> right
> mailing list all the time.

Indeed.  Every single time a patch comes into linux-rdma that touches
things in net/ or include/net, unless it is exceedingly minor, I check
the To:/Cc: lines on the email and if netdev@ isn't included, or in the
case of complex/tricky items, you aren't directly Cc:ed, then I
specifically tell them to include netdev@ and/or you.  I've even had
things like a 12 patch series that buried three netdev@ appropriate
patches at different points in the series and told the submitter to
move all of the netdev@ related patches to the front and submit them to
netdev@ so they can be reviewed as a group before I would move on to
the others.  It's just what you do.  I've always considered that part
of my job.

-- 
Doug Ledford <[email-masked]>
    GPG KeyID: B826A3330E572FDD
   
Key fingerprint = AE6B 1BDA 122B 23B4 265B  1274 B826 A333 0E57 2FDD

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html