Subject: Re: [pull request][for-next 0/6] Mellanox mlx5 updates 2017-05-23

From: Doug Ledford <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 15:30:13 -0400

On Thu, 2017-05-25 at 12:02 -0400, David Miller wrote:
> From: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 14:43:58 +0300
> 
> > Hi Dave and Doug,
> > 
> > This series introduces some small updates and FPGA support to the
> mlx5
> > core/ethernet and IB drivers.
> > 
> > For more details please see below.
> > 
> > Please pull and let me know if there's any problem.
> 
> Ok, I've pulled this into net-next.
> 
> Doug let me know if there are any merge hassles we need to coordinate
> on.

Turns out that you had pulled this prior to your net-next tree making
it up to v4.12-rc3, while I had my -rc branch based on v4.12-rc3, so
when I pulled just up to your merge commit for this pull request, it
meant a later merge of my -rc branch would pull in a bunch of stuff
between here and -rc3.  So I ended up pulling your latest net-next as
of today as the easiest way to resolve that issue.  Now I can merge my
-rc branch in and it won't cause any extra noise in the merge.  It
seems to be a fairly regular pattern that I'm going to have to hold my
pull request to Linus until after your tree is pulled, so I might just
start planning on that from now on ;-)

-- 
Doug Ledford <[email-masked]>
    GPG KeyID: B826A3330E572FDD
   
Key fingerprint = AE6B 1BDA 122B 23B4 265B  1274 B826 A333 0E57 2FDD