Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/3 v6] Add support for rmnet driver

From: Subash Abhinov Kasiviswanathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 23:35:28 -0600

This patch adds support for the rmnet driver which is required to
support recent chipsets using Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. modems. The data
from hardware follows the multiplexing and aggregation protocol (MAP).

This driver can be used to register onto any physical network device in
IP mode. Physical transports include USB, HSIC, PCIe and IP accelerator.

rmnet driver helps to decode these packets and queue them to network
stack (and encode and transmit it to the physical device).

--
v1: Same as the RFC patch with some minor fixes for issues reported by
kbuild test robot.

v1->v2: Change datatypes and remove config IOCTL as mentioned by David.
Also fix checkpatch issues and remove some unused code.

v2->v3: Move location to drivers/net and rename to rmnet. Change the
userspace - netlink communication from custom netlink to rtnl_link_ops.
Refactor some code. Use a fixed config for ingress and egress.

v3->v4: Move location to drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/.
Fix comments from Stephen and Jiri -
Split the ether and arp type changes into seperate patches.
Remove debug and custom logging and switch to standard netdevice log.
Remove module parameters. Refactor and change some code style issues.

v4->v5: Rename some structs and variables. Move the initializer
before the for loop start. Put the arp type in correct sequence.

v5->v6: Fix comments from Dan -
Use the upper link API. As a result, remove all the refcounting logic.
Device refcount is explicitly held on real_dev on rx_handler
registration only. Modifiy the flow control struct. Remove the unused
ethernet mode handling.

Subash Abhinov Kasiviswanathan (3):
  net: ether: Add support for multiplexing and aggregation type
  net: arp: Add support for raw IP device
  drivers: net: ethernet: qualcomm: rmnet: Initial implementation

 Documentation/networking/rmnet.txt                 |  82 ++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/Kconfig              |   2 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/Makefile             |   2 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/Kconfig        |  12 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/Makefile       |  14 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_config.c | 412 +++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_config.h |  57 +++
 .../net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_handlers.c   | 276 ++++++++++++++
 .../net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_handlers.h   |  26 ++
 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_main.c   |  37 ++
 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_map.h    |  88 +++++
 .../ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_map_command.c    | 116 ++++++
 .../net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_map_data.c   | 105 ++++++
 .../net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_private.h    |  45 +++
 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_vnd.c    | 268 ++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_vnd.h    |  33 ++
 include/uapi/linux/if_arp.h                        |   1 +
 include/uapi/linux/if_ether.h                      |   4 +-
 18 files changed, 1579 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/networking/rmnet.txt
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/Kconfig
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/Makefile
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_config.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_config.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_handlers.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_handlers.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_main.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_map.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_map_command.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_map_data.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_private.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_vnd.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_vnd.h

-- 
1.9.1