Subject: Re: [PATCH 6/10] ixgbe: Use ARRAY_SIZE macro

From: Joe Perches <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 08:19:18 -0700

On Wed, 2017-09-06 at 11:08 +0200, Thomas Meyer wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 02:22:05PM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> > nothing prevented you from CC:'ing the maintainer,
> > Jeff Kirscher.
[]
> That's the other condition in my script. I only send to the role
> "maintainer" from the output of get_maintainer.pl. But Mr Jeff
> Kirscher is only listed as supporter...

Supporter means he gets paid to look after that
subsystem so he is something other than a volunteer.

from MAINTAINERS:
	S: Status, one of the following:
	   Supported:	Someone is actually paid to look after this.
	   Maintained:	Someone actually looks after it.
	   Odd Fixes:	It has a maintainer but they don't have time to do
			much other than throw the odd patch in. See below..
	   Orphan:	No current maintainer [but maybe you could take the
			role as you write your new code].
	   Obsolete:	Old code. Something tagged obsolete generally means
			it has been replaced by a better system and you
			should be using that.