Subject: Re: [GIT] Networking

From: "Coelho, Luciano" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 05:04:49 +0000

On Wed, 2017-09-06 at 21:57 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 9:11 PM, Coelho, Luciano
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > 
> > This seems to be a problem with backwards-compatibility with FW version
> > 27.  We are now in version 31[1] and upgrading will probably fix that.
> 
> I can confirm that fw version 31 works.

Great, so I know for sure that this is a backwards-compatibility issue
with the FW API.

> > But obviously the driver should not fail miserably like this with
> > version 27, because it claims to support it still.
> 
> Not just "claims to support it", but if it's what is shipped with a
> fairly recent distro like an up-to-date version of F26, I would really
> hope that the driver can still work with it.

I totally agree, we support a bunch of older versions for that exact
reason.  We just don't really test all the supported versions very
often.  We should probably change that.

I'll make sure it still works with version 27.

--
Cheers,
Luca.