Subject: Re: [PATCH] mac80211: aead api to reduce redundancy

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 19:42:46 +0200

On Sun, 2017-09-24 at 13:21 -0400, Xiang Gao wrote:
> 
> Do you mean to put more characters each line in the description
> 
Huh, sorry, no - my bad. I was thinking of the code, not the
description at all.

For example here:

> -int ieee80211_aes_gcm_encrypt(struct crypto_aead *tfm, u8 *j_0, u8 *aad,
> -                             u8 *data, size_t data_len, u8 *mic)
> +int aead_encrypt(struct crypto_aead *tfm, u8 *b_0, u8 *aad, size_t aad_len,
> +                                u8 *data, size_t data_len, u8 *auth)
> 

I think you should adjust the indentation to match - or did it just get
mangled in my mail? It looks *further* indented now, when it should be
less (to after the opening parenthesis). Similarly in various other
places.

And perhaps for long things like

> +static inline struct crypto_aead *ieee80211_aes_key_setup_encrypt(
> +                               const u8 key[], size_t key_len,
> size_t mic_len)

> +struct crypto_aead *aead_key_setup_encrypt(const char *alg,
> +                       const u8 key[], size_t key_len, size_t authsize);

it might be better to write

static inline struct crypto_aead *
ieee80211_aes_key_setup_encrypt(const u8 key[], ...)

and

struct crypto_aead *
aead_key_setup_encrypt(const char *alg, ...)

respectively, depending on how far you have to indent to break lines
etc.

Anyway, I'm nitpicking.

Unrelated to this, I'm not sure whose tree this should go through -
probably Herbert's (or DaveM's with his ACK? not sure if there's a
crypto tree?) or so?

johannes