Subject: Re: [net-next] tcp: allow drivers to tweak TSQ logic

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 10:21:17 +0100

On Sat, 2017-11-11 at 15:38 -0800, Eric Dumazet wrote:

> > Hm. I wish we wouldn't have to do this on every skb, but perhaps it
> > doesn't matter that much.
> 
> Yes, it does not matter, even at 40Gbit ;)

:)

> Same cache line already ;)

Hah. It seemed so far away, but actually looking at the layout helps :)

> > Unrelated to that, I think this is missing a documentation update since
> > the struct has kernel-doc comments.
> 
> Yeah, I believe these kernel-doc on gigantic struct sock are useless and
> we should remove them, they have zero useful info.

No argument from me, but while it's there ... anyway I see you resent
this, thanks for doing this.

I'll try to get people to run some tests for our driver.

johannes