Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 3/3] tcp: Add tunable parameters for TSQ

From: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 03:53:46 -0800

On Fri, 2018-01-05 at 12:32 +0100, Natale Patriciello wrote:
> The original TSQ algorithm limits the number of packets in qdisc/devices to
> two packets / or ~1 ms. With this commit, two sysctl knobs are added to
> allow tuning the number of packets or the ms value.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Natale Patriciello <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Carlo Augusto Grazia <[email-masked]>
> Tested-by: Carlo Augusto Grazia <[email-masked]>
> ---

NACK

You provide dubious reasons, and no real tests done on various
hardwares.

We do not want sysctls that wont solve the issue you try to address.

Your patch series comes too late.

A linux host can have one 10Gbit NIC and a wifi adapter, they require
different tunings.

This is why we added sk_pacing_shift_update().

If this needs refinement, lets talk.