Subject: [bridge] IGMP/MLD snooping per port and per VLAN support

From: Joachim Nilsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 01:44:21 +0100

Hi,

longtime lurker, first time poster.  In the "new" VLAN aware bridge,
is there anyone else except me (and possibly Cumulus) thinking about
per port *and* per VLAN support for IGMP/MLD snooping in the bridge?

By that I mean bridge support for per port and per VLAN querier, and
group membership, which the current bridge implementation, as far as
I can see, unfortunately is lacking.

Westermo, where I work, has invested heavily in DSA/switchdev/bridge
and we are *extremely* happy with it all (awesome work ppl!), and we
are very interested in helping out with multicast work in the bridge
so any answers to this post are most welcome :)

Sincerely
 /Joachim

P.S.
	My colleague Tobias is of the opinion that full support for
	this will, like STP/RSTP, be politely showed the way to user
	space by the senior netdev devs. So yeah, that's what we're
	considering atm., but I thought it would be good idea to at
	the very least post the question here first.
D.S.
P.P.S.
	Yes, openvswitch supports this *perfectly*, which is a bit
	annoying, but also in userspace and only if I also run sth
	like pimd/mrouted to act as querier (which most ppl don't
	really need.) on their magical internal/local CPU port.
D.D.S.