Subject: Re: [PATCH] e1000e: Fix link status in case of error.

From: Jeff Kirsher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 09:16:42 -0800

On Wed, 2018-02-28 at 14:20 +0900, Benjamin Poirier wrote:
> Before commit 19110cfbb34d ("e1000e: Separate signaling for link
> check/link
> up"), errors which happen after "get_link_status = false" in the
> copper
> check_for_link callbacks would be ignored and the link considered up.
> After
> that commit, any error implies that the link is down. Since all
> combinations of link up/down and error/no error are possible, do the
> same
> thing as e1000e_phy_has_link_generic() and return the link status in
> a
> separate variable.
> 
> Fixes: 19110cfbb34d ("e1000e: Separate signaling for link check/link
> up")
> Signed-off-by: Benjamin Poirier <[email-masked]>

A minor nitpick, almost every patch you send out, has your patch
title/subject ending in a period which is not needed or wanted.  Patch
titles/subjects should not be complete sentences, so they do not need
punctuation at the end.