Subject: [PATCH net-next v4 1/5] net: qualcomm: rmnet: Fix casting issues

From: Subash Abhinov Kasiviswanathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 19:48:11 -0600

Fix warnings which were reported when running with sparse
(make C=1 CF=-D__CHECK_ENDIAN__)

drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_handlers.c:81:15:
warning: cast to restricted __be16
drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_map_data.c:271:37:
warning: incorrect type in assignment (different base types)
expected unsigned short [unsigned] [usertype] pkt_len
got restricted __be16 [usertype] <noident>
drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_map_data.c:287:29:
warning: incorrect type in assignment (different base types)
expected unsigned short [unsigned] [usertype] pkt_len
got restricted __be16 [usertype] <noident>
drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_map_data.c:310:22:
warning: cast to restricted __be16
drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_map_data.c:319:13:
warning: cast to restricted __be16
drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_map_command.c:49:18:
warning: cast to restricted __be16
drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_map_command.c:50:18:
warning: cast to restricted __be32
drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_map_command.c:74:21:
warning: cast to restricted __be16

Signed-off-by: Subash Abhinov Kasiviswanathan <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_map.h | 6 +++---
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_map.h b/drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_map.h
index 6ce31e2..4f362df 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_map.h
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/rmnet/rmnet_map.h
@@ -23,8 +23,8 @@ struct rmnet_map_control_command {
 		struct {
 			u16 ip_family:2;
 			u16 reserved:14;
-			u16 flow_control_seq_num;
-			u32 qos_id;
+			__be16 flow_control_seq_num;
+			__be32 qos_id;
 		} flow_control;
 		u8 data[0];
 	};
@@ -44,7 +44,7 @@ struct rmnet_map_header {
 	u8  reserved_bit:1;
 	u8  cd_bit:1;
 	u8  mux_id;
-	u16 pkt_len;
+	__be16 pkt_len;
 }  __aligned(1);
 
 struct rmnet_map_dl_csum_trailer {
-- 
1.9.1