Subject: [PATCH] lan78xx: Avoid spurious kevent 4 "error"

From: Phil Elwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 12:02:47 +0100

lan78xx_defer_event generates an error message whenever the work item
is already scheduled. lan78xx_open defers three events -
EVENT_STAT_UPDATE, EVENT_DEV_OPEN and EVENT_LINK_RESET. Being aware
of the likelihood (or certainty) of an error message, the DEV_OPEN
event is added to the set of pending events directly, relying on
the subsequent deferral of the EVENT_LINK_RESET call to schedule the
work.  Take the same precaution with EVENT_STAT_UPDATE to avoid a
totally unnecessary error message.

Signed-off-by: Phil Elwell <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/usb/lan78xx.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/usb/lan78xx.c b/drivers/net/usb/lan78xx.c
index 32cf217..3102374 100644
--- a/drivers/net/usb/lan78xx.c
+++ b/drivers/net/usb/lan78xx.c
@@ -2507,7 +2507,7 @@ static void lan78xx_init_stats(struct lan78xx_net *dev)
 	dev->stats.rollover_max.eee_tx_lpi_transitions = 0xFFFFFFFF;
 	dev->stats.rollover_max.eee_tx_lpi_time = 0xFFFFFFFF;
 
-	lan78xx_defer_kevent(dev, EVENT_STAT_UPDATE);
+	set_bit(EVENT_STAT_UPDATE, &dev->flags);
 }
 
 static int lan78xx_open(struct net_device *net)
-- 
2.7.4