Subject: [PATCH bpf-next v6 0/4] Hash support for sock

From: John Fastabend <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 10:00:15 -0700

In the original sockmap implementation we got away with using an
array similar to devmap. However, unlike devmap where an ifindex
has a nice 1:1 function into the map we have found some use cases
with sockets that need to be referenced using longer keys.

This series adds support for a sockhash map reusing as much of
the sockmap code as possible. I made the decision to add sockhash
specific helpers vs trying to generalize the existing helpers
because (a) they have sockmap in the name and (b) the keys are
different types. I prefer to be explicit here rather than play
type games or do something else tricky.

To test this we duplicate all the sockmap testing except swap out
the sockmap with a sockhash.

v2: fix file stats and add v2 tag
v3: move tool updates into test patch, move bpftool updates into
    its own patch, and fixup the test patch stats to catch the
    renamed file and provide only diffs +/- on that.
v4: Add documentation to UAPI bpf.h
v5: Add documentation to tools UAPI bpf.h
v6: 'git add' test_sockhash_kern.c which was previously missing
    but was not causing issues because of typo in test script,
    noticed by Daniel. After this the git format-patch -M option
    no longer tracks the rename of the test_sockmap_kern files for
    some reason. I guess the diff has exceeded some threshold.

Just a note I pushed Dave's Acks through v4 into v5 due to small
size of changes.

John Fastabend (4):
  bpf: sockmap, refactor sockmap routines to work with hashmap
  bpf: sockmap, add hash map support
  bpf: selftest additions for SOCKHASH
  bpf: bpftool, support for sockhash

 include/linux/bpf.h                              |   8 +
 include/linux/bpf_types.h                        |   1 +
 include/linux/filter.h                           |   3 +-
 include/net/tcp.h                                |   3 +-
 include/uapi/linux/bpf.h                         |  52 +-
 kernel/bpf/core.c                                |   1 +
 kernel/bpf/sockmap.c                             | 638 ++++++++++++++++++++---
 kernel/bpf/verifier.c                            |  14 +-
 net/core/filter.c                                |  89 +++-
 tools/bpf/bpftool/map.c                          |   1 +
 tools/include/uapi/linux/bpf.h                   |  52 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/Makefile             |   2 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/bpf_helpers.h        |   8 +
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_sockhash_kern.c |   5 +
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_sockmap.c       |  27 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_sockmap_kern.c  | 343 +-----------
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_sockmap_kern.h  | 363 +++++++++++++
 17 files changed, 1159 insertions(+), 451 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_sockhash_kern.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_sockmap_kern.h

-- 
1.9.1