Subject: [PATCH 07/18] hisilicon: change strncpy+truncation to strlcpy

From: Dominique Martinet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 03:25:39 +0200

Generated by scripts/coccinelle/misc/strncpy_truncation.cocci

Signed-off-by: Dominique Martinet <[email-masked]>
---

Please see https://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=153144450722324&w=2 (the
first patch of the serie) for the motivation behind this patch

 drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns/hns_ethtool.c   | 7 ++-----
 drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns3/hns3_ethtool.c | 7 ++-----
 2 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns/hns_ethtool.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns/hns_ethtool.c
index 2e14a3ae1d8b..35b4d72d1997 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns/hns_ethtool.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns/hns_ethtool.c
@@ -638,12 +638,9 @@ static void hns_nic_get_drvinfo(struct net_device *net_dev,
 {
 	struct hns_nic_priv *priv = netdev_priv(net_dev);
 
-	strncpy(drvinfo->version, HNAE_DRIVER_VERSION,
+	strlcpy(drvinfo->version, HNAE_DRIVER_VERSION,
 		sizeof(drvinfo->version));
-	drvinfo->version[sizeof(drvinfo->version) - 1] = '\0';
-
-	strncpy(drvinfo->driver, HNAE_DRIVER_NAME, sizeof(drvinfo->driver));
-	drvinfo->driver[sizeof(drvinfo->driver) - 1] = '\0';
+	strlcpy(drvinfo->driver, HNAE_DRIVER_NAME, sizeof(drvinfo->driver));
 
 	strncpy(drvinfo->bus_info, priv->dev->bus->name,
 		sizeof(drvinfo->bus_info));
diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns3/hns3_ethtool.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns3/hns3_ethtool.c
index 40c0425b4023..630c8d186707 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns3/hns3_ethtool.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns3/hns3_ethtool.c
@@ -493,13 +493,10 @@ static void hns3_get_drvinfo(struct net_device *netdev,
 	struct hns3_nic_priv *priv = netdev_priv(netdev);
 	struct hnae3_handle *h = priv->ae_handle;
 
-	strncpy(drvinfo->version, hns3_driver_version,
+	strlcpy(drvinfo->version, hns3_driver_version,
 		sizeof(drvinfo->version));
-	drvinfo->version[sizeof(drvinfo->version) - 1] = '\0';
-
-	strncpy(drvinfo->driver, h->pdev->driver->name,
+	strlcpy(drvinfo->driver, h->pdev->driver->name,
 		sizeof(drvinfo->driver));
-	drvinfo->driver[sizeof(drvinfo->driver) - 1] = '\0';
 
 	strncpy(drvinfo->bus_info, pci_name(h->pdev),
 		sizeof(drvinfo->bus_info));
-- 
2.17.1