Subject: Re: [PATCH 07/28] 53c700: improve non-coherent DMA handling

From: James Bottomley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 08:22:56 -0700

On Tue, 2020-09-01 at 16:05 +0100, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 01, 2020 at 07:52:40AM -0700, James Bottomley wrote:
> > I think this looks mostly OK, except for one misnamed parameter
> > below. Unfortunately, the last non-coherent parisc was the 700
> > series and I no longer own a box, so I can't test that part of it
> > (I can fire up the C360 to test it on a coherent arch).
> 
> I have a 715/50 that probably hasn't been powered on in 15 years if
> you need something that old to test on (I believe the 725/100 uses
> the 7100LC and so is coherent).  I'll need to set up a cross-compiler 
> ...

I'm not going to say no to actual testing, but it's going to be a world
of pain getting something so old going.  I do have a box of older
systems I keep for architectural testing that I need to rummage around
in ... I just have a vague memory that my 715 actually caught fire a
decade ago and had to be disposed of.

James