Subject: Re: [PATCH] xen-netback: Check for hotplug-status existence before watching

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 22:30:09 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (refs/heads/master):

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 16:25:12 +0100 you wrote:
> The logic in connect() is currently written with the assumption that
> xenbus_watch_pathfmt() will return an error for a node that does not
> exist.  This assumption is incorrect: xenstore does allow a watch to
> be registered for a nonexistent node (and will send notifications
> should the node be subsequently created).
> 
> As of commit 1f2565780 ("xen-netback: remove 'hotplug-status' once it
> has served its purpose"), this leads to a failure when a domU
> transitions into XenbusStateConnected more than once.  On the first
> domU transition into Connected state, the "hotplug-status" node will
> be deleted by the hotplug_status_changed() callback in dom0.  On the
> second or subsequent domU transition into Connected state, the
> hotplug_status_changed() callback will therefore never be invoked, and
> so the backend will remain stuck in InitWait.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - xen-netback: Check for hotplug-status existence before watching
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/2afeec08ab5c

You are awesome, thank you!
--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html