Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 bpf-next 00/11] bpf: Introduce BPF timers.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 20:40:07 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to bpf/bpf-next.git (refs/heads/master):

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 17:54:06 -0700 you wrote:
> From: Alexei Starovoitov <[email-masked]>
> 
> The first request to support timers in bpf was made in 2013 before sys_bpf syscall
> was added. That use case was periodic sampling. It was address with attaching
> bpf programs to perf_events. Then during XDP development the timers were requested
> to do garbage collection and health checks. They were worked around by implementing
> timers in user space and triggering progs with BPF_PROG_RUN command.
> The user space timers and perf_event+bpf timers are not armed by the bpf program.
> They're done asynchronously vs program execution. The XDP program cannot send a
> packet and arm the timer at the same time. The tracing prog cannot record an
> event and arm the timer right away. This large class of use cases remained
> unaddressed. The jiffy based and hrtimer based timers are essential part of the
> kernel development and with this patch set the hrtimer based timers will be
> available to bpf programs.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [v7,bpf-next,01/11] bpf: Prepare bpf_prog_put() to be called from irq context.
    https://git.kernel.org/bpf/bpf-next/c/d809e134be7a
  - [v7,bpf-next,02/11] bpf: Factor out bpf_spin_lock into helpers.
    https://git.kernel.org/bpf/bpf-next/c/c1b3fed319d3
  - [v7,bpf-next,03/11] bpf: Introduce bpf timers.
    https://git.kernel.org/bpf/bpf-next/c/b00628b1c7d5
  - [v7,bpf-next,04/11] bpf: Add map side support for bpf timers.
    https://git.kernel.org/bpf/bpf-next/c/68134668c17f
  - [v7,bpf-next,05/11] bpf: Prevent pointer mismatch in bpf_timer_init.
    https://git.kernel.org/bpf/bpf-next/c/3e8ce29850f1
  - [v7,bpf-next,06/11] bpf: Remember BTF of inner maps.
    https://git.kernel.org/bpf/bpf-next/c/40ec00abf1cc
  - [v7,bpf-next,07/11] bpf: Relax verifier recursion check.
    https://git.kernel.org/bpf/bpf-next/c/86fc6ee6e246
  - [v7,bpf-next,08/11] bpf: Implement verifier support for validation of async callbacks.
    https://git.kernel.org/bpf/bpf-next/c/bfc6bb74e4f1
  - [v7,bpf-next,09/11] bpf: Teach stack depth check about async callbacks.
    https://git.kernel.org/bpf/bpf-next/c/7ddc80a476c2
  - [v7,bpf-next,10/11] selftests/bpf: Add bpf_timer test.
    https://git.kernel.org/bpf/bpf-next/c/3540f7c6b96a
  - [v7,bpf-next,11/11] selftests/bpf: Add a test with bpf_timer in inner map.
    https://git.kernel.org/bpf/bpf-next/c/61f71e746c72

You are awesome, thank you!
--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html