Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] net: dsa: don't fast age standalone ports

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 12:00:06 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net-next.git (refs/heads/master):

On Sun,  8 Aug 2021 14:16:37 +0300 you wrote:
> DSA drives the procedure to flush dynamic FDB entries from a port based
> on the change of STP state: whenever we go from a state where address
> learning is enabled (LEARNING, FORWARDING) to a state where it isn't
> (LISTENING, BLOCKING, DISABLED), we need to flush the existing dynamic
> entries.
> 
> However, there are cases when this is not needed. Internally, when a
> DSA switch interface is not under a bridge, DSA still keeps it in the
> "FORWARDING" STP state. And when that interface joins a bridge, the
> bridge will meticulously iterate that port through all STP states,
> starting with BLOCKING and ending with FORWARDING. Because there is a
> state transition from the standalone version of FORWARDING into the
> temporary BLOCKING bridge port state, DSA calls the fast age procedure.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next] net: dsa: don't fast age standalone ports
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/39f32101543b

You are awesome, thank you!
--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html