Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] net: 6pack: fix slab-out-of-bounds in decode_data

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 10:10:05 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (refs/heads/master):

On Fri, 13 Aug 2021 18:14:33 +0300 you wrote:
> Syzbot reported slab-out-of bounds write in decode_data().
> The problem was in missing validation checks.
> 
> Syzbot's reproducer generated malicious input, which caused
> decode_data() to be called a lot in sixpack_decode(). Since
> rx_count_cooked is only 400 bytes and noone reported before,
> that 400 bytes is not enough, let's just check if input is malicious
> and complain about buffer overrun.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [v2] net: 6pack: fix slab-out-of-bounds in decode_data
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/19d1532a1876

You are awesome, thank you!
--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html