Subject: Re: [PATCH v4] net: asix: fix uninit value bugs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 10:50:05 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (refs/heads/master):

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 19:37:23 +0300 you wrote:
> Syzbot reported uninit-value in asix_mdio_read(). The problem was in
> missing error handling. asix_read_cmd() should initialize passed stack
> variable smsr, but it can fail in some cases. Then while condidition
> checks possibly uninit smsr variable.
> 
> Since smsr is uninitialized stack variable, driver can misbehave,
> because smsr will be random in case of asix_read_cmd() failure.
> Fix it by adding error handling and just continue the loop instead of
> checking uninit value.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [v4] net: asix: fix uninit value bugs
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/a786e3195d6a

You are awesome, thank you!
--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html