Subject: Re: [PATCH] dpaa2-eth: Replace strlcpy with strscpy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 11:10:08 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net-next.git (refs/heads/master):

On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 21:05:31 +0800 you wrote:
> The strlcpy should not be used because it doesn't limit the source
> length. As linus says, it's a completely useless function if you
> can't implicitly trust the source string - but that is almost always
> why people think they should use it! All in all the BSD function
> will lead some potential bugs.
> 
> But the strscpy doesn't require reading memory from the src string
> beyond the specified "count" bytes, and since the return value is
> easier to error-check than strlcpy()'s. In addition, the implementation
> is robust to the string changing out from underneath it, unlike the
> current strlcpy() implementation.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - dpaa2-eth: Replace strlcpy with strscpy
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/995786ba0dab

You are awesome, thank you!
--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html