Subject: Re: [PATCH net] net: phy: Do not shutdown PHYs in READY state

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2021 12:50:07 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (master)
by David S. Miller <[email-masked]>:

On Fri,  8 Oct 2021 14:42:52 -0700 you wrote:
> In case a PHY device was probed thus in the PHY_READY state, but not
> configured and with no network device attached yet, we should not be
> trying to shut it down because it has been brought back into reset by
> phy_device_reset() towards the end of phy_probe() and anyway we have not
> configured the PHY yet.
> 
> Fixes: e2f016cf7751 ("net: phy: add a shutdown procedure")
> Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net] net: phy: Do not shutdown PHYs in READY state
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/f49823939e41

You are awesome, thank you!
--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html