Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] net: sched: Allow statistics reads from softirq.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 12:10:08 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net-next.git (master)
by David S. Miller <[email-masked]>:

On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 12:12:04 +0200 you wrote:
> Eric reported that the rate estimator reads statics from the softirq
> which in turn triggers a warning introduced in the statistics rework.
> 
> The warning is too cautious. The updates happen in the softirq context
> so reads from softirq are fine since the writes can not be preempted.
> The updates/writes happen during qdisc_run() which ensures one writer
> and the softirq context.
> The remaining bad context for reading statistics remains in hard-IRQ
> because it may preempt a writer.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next] net: sched: Allow statistics reads from softirq.
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/e22db7bd552f

You are awesome, thank you!
--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html