Subject: Re: [PATCH net 1/3] ibmvnic: don't stop queue in xmit

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 13:20:07 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to netdev/net.git (master)
by David S. Miller <[email-masked]>:

On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 15:03:14 -0700 you wrote:
> If adapter's resetting bit is on, discard the packet but don't stop the
> transmit queue - instead leave that to the reset code. With this change,
> it is possible that we may get several calls to ibmvnic_xmit() that simply
> discard packets and return.
> 
> But if we stop the queue here, we might end up doing so just after
> __ibmvnic_open() started the queues (during a hard/soft reset) and before
> the ->resetting bit was cleared. If that happens, there will be no one to
> restart queue and transmissions will be blocked indefinitely.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net,1/3] ibmvnic: don't stop queue in xmit
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/8878e46fcfd4
  - [net,2/3] ibmvnic: Process crqs after enabling interrupts
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/6e20d00158f3
  - [net,3/3] ibmvnic: delay complete()
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/6b278c0cb378

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html