Subject: Re: [PATCH net 1/4] ibmvnic: Allow extra failures before disabling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:10:10 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to netdev/net.git (master)
by David S. Miller <[email-masked]>:

On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 18:59:18 -0800 you wrote:
> If auto-priority-failover (APF) is enabled and there are at least two
> backing devices of different priorities, some resets like fail-over,
> change-param etc can cause at least two back to back failovers. (Failover
> from high priority backing device to lower priority one and then back
> to the higher priority one if that is still functional).
> 
> Depending on the timimg of the two failovers it is possible to trigger
> a "hard" reset and for the hard reset to fail due to failovers. When this
> occurs, the driver assumes that the network is unstable and disables the
> VNIC for a 60-second "settling time". This in turn can cause the ethtool
> command to fail with "No such device" while the vnic automatically recovers
> a little while later.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net,1/4] ibmvnic: Allow extra failures before disabling
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/db9f0e8bf79e
  - [net,2/4] ibmvnic: init ->running_cap_crqs early
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/151b6a5c06b6
  - [net,3/4] ibmvnic: don't spin in tasklet
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/48079e7fdd02
  - [net,4/4] ibmvnic: remove unused ->wait_capability
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/3a5d9db7fbdf

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html