Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 00/10] udp/ipv6 optimisations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 04:20:12 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to netdev/net-next.git (master)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Thu, 27 Jan 2022 00:36:21 +0000 you wrote:
> Shed some weight from udp/ipv6. Zerocopy benchmarks over dummy showed
> ~5% tx/s improvement, should be similar for small payload non-zc
> cases.
> 
> The performance comes from killing 4 atomics and a couple of big struct
> memcpy/memset. 1/10 removes a pair of atomics on dst refcounting for
> cork->skb setup, 9/10 saves another pair on cork init. 5/10 and 8/10
> kill extra 88B memset and memcpy respectively.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next,v2,01/10] ipv6: optimise dst refcounting on skb init
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/cd3c74807736
  - [net-next,v2,02/10] udp6: shuffle up->pending AF_INET bits
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/406c4a0af010
  - [net-next,v2,03/10] ipv6: remove daddr temp buffer in __ip6_make_skb
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/b60d4e58c615
  - [net-next,v2,04/10] ipv6: clean up cork setup/release
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/d656b2ea5fa7
  - [net-next,v2,05/10] ipv6: don't zero inet_cork_full::fl after use
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/940ea00b0646
  - [net-next,v2,06/10] ipv6: pass full cork into __ip6_append_data()
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/f3b46a3e8c40
  - [net-next,v2,07/10] udp6: pass flow in ip6_make_skb together with cork
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/f37a4cc6bb0b
  - [net-next,v2,08/10] udp6: don't make extra copies of iflow
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/5298953e742d
  - [net-next,v2,09/10] ipv6: optimise dst refcounting on cork init
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/40ac240c2e06
  - [net-next,v2,10/10] ipv6: partially inline ipv6_fixup_options
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/31ed2261e88f

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html