Subject: [PATCH v8 00/11] fprobe: Introduce fprobe function entry/exit probe

From: Masami Hiramatsu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 20:54:06 +0900

Hi,

Here is the 8th version of fprobe. This version fixes a build error
when CONFIG_FUNCTION_TRACER=n, and add a KUnit based selftest.

The previous version is here[1];

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/164360522462.65877.1891020292202285106.stgit@devnote2/T/#u

This series introduces the fprobe, the function entry/exit probe
with multiple probe point support. This also introduces the rethook
for hooking function return as same as the kretprobe does. This
abstraction will help us to generalize the fgraph tracer,
because we can just switch to it from the rethook in fprobe,
depending on the kernel configuration.

The patch [1/10] is from Jiri's series[2].

[2] https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/T/#u

And the patch [9/10] adds the FPROBE_FL_KPROBE_SHARED flag for the case
if user wants to share the same code (or share a same resource) on the
fprobe and the kprobes.

I forcibly updated my kprobes/fprobe branch, you can pull this series
from:

 https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mhiramat/linux.git kprobes/fprobe

Thank you,

---

Jiri Olsa (1):
      ftrace: Add ftrace_set_filter_ips function

Masami Hiramatsu (10):
      fprobe: Add ftrace based probe APIs
      rethook: Add a generic return hook
      rethook: x86: Add rethook x86 implementation
      ARM: rethook: Add rethook arm implementation
      arm64: rethook: Add arm64 rethook implementation
      fprobe: Add exit_handler support
      fprobe: Add sample program for fprobe
      fprobe: Introduce FPROBE_FL_KPROBE_SHARED flag for fprobe
      docs: fprobe: Add fprobe description to ftrace-use.rst
      fprobe: Add a selftest for fprobe

 Documentation/trace/fprobe.rst                |  171 +++++++++++++
 Documentation/trace/index.rst                 |    1 
 arch/arm/Kconfig                              |    1 
 arch/arm/include/asm/stacktrace.h             |    4 
 arch/arm/kernel/stacktrace.c                  |    6 
 arch/arm/probes/Makefile                      |    1 
 arch/arm/probes/rethook.c                     |   71 +++++
 arch/arm64/Kconfig                            |    1 
 arch/arm64/include/asm/stacktrace.h           |    2 
 arch/arm64/kernel/probes/Makefile             |    1 
 arch/arm64/kernel/probes/rethook.c            |   25 ++
 arch/arm64/kernel/probes/rethook_trampoline.S |   87 ++++++
 arch/arm64/kernel/stacktrace.c                |    7 -
 arch/x86/Kconfig                              |    1 
 arch/x86/include/asm/unwind.h                 |    8 +
 arch/x86/kernel/Makefile                      |    1 
 arch/x86/kernel/kprobes/common.h              |    1 
 arch/x86/kernel/rethook.c                     |  115 ++++++++
 include/linux/fprobe.h                        |  105 ++++++++
 include/linux/ftrace.h                        |    3 
 include/linux/kprobes.h                       |    3 
 include/linux/rethook.h                       |  100 +++++++
 include/linux/sched.h                         |    3 
 kernel/exit.c                                 |    2 
 kernel/fork.c                                 |    3 
 kernel/trace/Kconfig                          |   26 ++
 kernel/trace/Makefile                         |    2 
 kernel/trace/fprobe.c                         |  341 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
 kernel/trace/ftrace.c                         |   58 ++++
 kernel/trace/rethook.c                        |  313 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 lib/Kconfig.debug                             |   12 +
 lib/Makefile                                  |    2 
 lib/test_fprobe.c                             |  125 +++++++++
 samples/Kconfig                               |    7 +
 samples/Makefile                              |    1 
 samples/fprobe/Makefile                       |    3 
 samples/fprobe/fprobe_example.c               |  120 +++++++++
 37 files changed, 1719 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/trace/fprobe.rst
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/probes/rethook.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/kernel/probes/rethook.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/kernel/probes/rethook_trampoline.S
 create mode 100644 arch/x86/kernel/rethook.c
 create mode 100644 include/linux/fprobe.h
 create mode 100644 include/linux/rethook.h
 create mode 100644 kernel/trace/fprobe.c
 create mode 100644 kernel/trace/rethook.c
 create mode 100644 lib/test_fprobe.c
 create mode 100644 samples/fprobe/Makefile
 create mode 100644 samples/fprobe/fprobe_example.c

--
Masami Hiramatsu (Linaro) <[email-masked]>