Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] net: phy: marvell: update abilities and advertising when switching to SGMII

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 May 2022 11:10:11 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net-next.git (master)
by David S. Miller <[email-masked]>:

On Wed, 27 Apr 2022 13:39:28 -0600 you wrote:
> With some SFP modules, such as Finisar FCLF8522P2BTL, the PHY hardware
> strapping defaults to 1000BaseX mode, but the kernel prefers to set them
> for SGMII mode. When this happens and the PHY is soft reset, the BMSR
> status register is updated, but this happens after the kernel has already
> read the PHY abilities during probing. This results in support not being
> detected for, and the PHY not advertising support for, 10 and 100 Mbps
> modes, preventing the link from working with a non-gigabit link partner.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next] net: phy: marvell: update abilities and advertising when switching to SGMII
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/0ed99ecc95b9

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html