Subject: Re[2]: net_device + pci_dev question

From: Mateusz Berezecki <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:56:44 +0100

Hello Arjan,

On 27th november 2005 (22:25:13) you wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 20:58 +0100, Mateusz Berezecki wrote:
>> Hello List!
>> 
>> Having only net_device pointer is it possible to retrieve associated pci_dev
>> pointer basing on this information only?

> what do you need it for?

for pci_alloc_consistent() which takes pci_dev as a first argument to
allocate contiguous memory block for DMA transfers. I just realized
when I saw your answer that I might have moved the memory allocation to
some routine which is called earlier in time which has access to
pci_dev pointer directly, like net_device->init IIRC. But I'm not
really sure if that would be correct solution.

> (and.. what if the nic isn't a pci one?)

Uh... it's cardbus interface and still uses pci_* stuff without problems. (?)
Do I miss something?

kind regards
Mateusz Berezecki