Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] ipv4: ping: fix bind address validity check

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 11:30:13 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (master)
by David S. Miller <[email-masked]>:

On Fri, 17 Jun 2022 10:54:35 +0200 you wrote:
> Commit 8ff978b8b222 ("ipv4/raw: support binding to nonlocal addresses")
> introduced a helper function to fold duplicated validity checks of bind
> addresses into inet_addr_valid_or_nonlocal(). However, this caused an
> unintended regression in ping_check_bind_addr(), which previously would
> reject binding to multicast and broadcast addresses, but now these are
> both incorrectly allowed as reported in [1].
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [v2] ipv4: ping: fix bind address validity check
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/b4a028c4d031

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html