Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] Revert "nfp: update nfp_X logging definitions"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 10:30:12 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net-next.git (master)
by David S. Miller <[email-masked]>:

On Sun, 19 Jun 2022 10:15:30 +0200 you wrote:
> This reverts commit 9386ebccfc59 ("nfp: update nfp_X logging definitions")
> 
> The reverted patch was intended to improve logging for the NFP driver by
> including information such as the source code file and number in log
> messages.
> 
> Unfortunately our experience is that this has not improved things as
> we had hoped. The resulting logs are inconsistent with (most) other
> kernel log messages. And rely on knowledge of the source code version
> in order for the extra information to be useful.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next] Revert "nfp: update nfp_X logging definitions"
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/41a36d4e5a14

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html