Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: stmmac: dwc-qos: Disable split header for Tegra194

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 00:20:13 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (master)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Wed, 6 Jul 2022 09:39:13 +0100 you wrote:
> There is a long-standing issue with the Synopsys DWC Ethernet driver
> for Tegra194 where random system crashes have been observed [0]. The
> problem occurs when the split header feature is enabled in the stmmac
> driver. In the bad case, a larger than expected buffer length is
> received and causes the calculation of the total buffer length to
> overflow. This results in a very large buffer length that causes the
> kernel to crash. Why this larger buffer length is received is not clear,
> however, the feedback from the NVIDIA design team is that the split
> header feature is not supported for Tegra194. Therefore, disable split
> header support for Tegra194 to prevent these random crashes from
> occurring.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - net: stmmac: dwc-qos: Disable split header for Tegra194
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/029c1c2059e9

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html