Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v4 0/9] vsock: updates for SO_RCVLOWAT handling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 09:20:17 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to netdev/net-next.git (master)
by Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>:

On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 05:21:58 +0000 you wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> This patchset includes some updates for SO_RCVLOWAT:
> 
> 1) af_vsock:
>    During my experiments with zerocopy receive, i found, that in some
>    cases, poll() implementation violates POSIX: when socket has non-
>    default SO_RCVLOWAT(e.g. not 1), poll() will always set POLLIN and
>    POLLRDNORM bits in 'revents' even number of bytes available to read
>    on socket is smaller than SO_RCVLOWAT value. In this case,user sees
>    POLLIN flag and then tries to read data(for example using  'read()'
>    call), but read call will be blocked, because  SO_RCVLOWAT logic is
>    supported in dequeue loop in af_vsock.c. But the same time,  POSIX
>    requires that:
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next,v4,1/9] vsock: SO_RCVLOWAT transport set callback
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/e38f22c860ed
  - [net-next,v4,2/9] hv_sock: disable SO_RCVLOWAT support
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/24764f8d3c31
  - [net-next,v4,3/9] virtio/vsock: use 'target' in notify_poll_in callback
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/e7a3266c9167
  - [net-next,v4,4/9] vmci/vsock: use 'target' in notify_poll_in callback
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/a274f6ff3c5c
  - [net-next,v4,5/9] vsock: pass sock_rcvlowat to notify_poll_in as target
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/ee0b3843a269
  - [net-next,v4,6/9] vsock: add API call for data ready
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/f2fdcf67aceb
  - [net-next,v4,7/9] virtio/vsock: check SO_RCVLOWAT before wake up reader
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/39f1ed33a448
  - [net-next,v4,8/9] vmci/vsock: check SO_RCVLOWAT before wake up reader
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/e061aed99855
  - [net-next,v4,9/9] vsock_test: POLLIN + SO_RCVLOWAT test
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/b1346338fbae

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html