Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] net-next: Fix IP_UNICAST_IF option behavior for connected sockets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 03:00:17 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net-next.git (master)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Mon, 29 Aug 2022 13:18:51 +0200 you wrote:
> The IP_UNICAST_IF socket option is used to set the outgoing interface
> for outbound packets.
> 
> The IP_UNICAST_IF socket option was added as it was needed by the
> Wine project, since no other existing option (SO_BINDTODEVICE socket
> option, IP_PKTINFO socket option or the bind function) provided the
> needed characteristics needed by the IP_UNICAST_IF socket option. [1]
> The IP_UNICAST_IF socket option works well for unconnected sockets,
> that is, the interface specified by the IP_UNICAST_IF socket option
> is taken into consideration in the route lookup process when a packet
> is being sent. However, for connected sockets, the outbound interface
> is chosen when connecting the socket, and in the route lookup process
> which is done when a packet is being sent, the interface specified by
> the IP_UNICAST_IF socket option is being ignored.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [v2] net-next: Fix IP_UNICAST_IF option behavior for connected sockets
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/0e4d354762ce

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html