Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] net: phy: micrel: Change handler interrupt for lan8814

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2023 03:40:16 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net-next.git (master)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Wed, 4 Jan 2023 20:42:18 +0100 you wrote:
> The lan8814 represents a package of 4 PHYs. All of them are sharing the
> same interrupt line. So when a link was going down/up or a frame was
> timestamped, then the interrupt handler of all the PHYs was called.
> Which is all fine and expected but the problem is the way the handler
> interrupt works.
> Basically if one of the PHYs timestamp a frame, then all the other 3
> PHYs were polling the status of the interrupt until that PHY actually
> cleared the interrupt by reading the timestamp.
> The reason of polling was in case another PHY was also timestamping a
> frame at the same time, it could miss this interrupt. But this is not
> the right approach, because it is the interrupt controller who needs to
> call the interrupt handlers again if the interrupt line is still
> active.
> Therefore change this such when the interrupt handler is called check
> only if the interrupt is for itself, otherwise just exit. In this way
> save CPU usage.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next] net: phy: micrel: Change handler interrupt for lan8814
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/7abd92a5b98f

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html