Subject: Re: [PATCH bpf-next 0/6] ice: post-mbuf fixes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 18:21:29 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to bpf/bpf-next.git (master)
by Daniel Borkmann <[email-masked]>:

On Fri, 10 Feb 2023 18:06:12 +0100 you wrote:
> The set grew from the poor performance of %BPF_F_TEST_XDP_LIVE_FRAMES
> when the ice-backed device is a sender. Initially there were around
> 3.3 Mpps / thread, while I have 5.5 on skb-based pktgen...
> 
> After fixing 0005 (0004 is a prereq for it) first (strange thing nobody
> noticed that earlier), I started catching random OOMs. This is how 0002
> (and partially 0001) appeared.
> 0003 is a suggestion from Maciej to not waste time on refactoring dead
> lines. 0006 is a "cherry on top" to get away with the final 6.7 Mpps.
> 4.5 of 6 are fixes, but only the first three are tagged, since it then
> starts being tricky. I may backport them manually later on.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [bpf-next,1/6] ice: fix ice_tx_ring::xdp_tx_active underflow
    https://git.kernel.org/bpf/bpf-next/c/bc4db8347003
  - [bpf-next,2/6] ice: fix XDP Tx ring overrun
    https://git.kernel.org/bpf/bpf-next/c/0bd939b60cea
  - [bpf-next,3/6] ice: remove two impossible branches on XDP Tx cleaning
    https://git.kernel.org/bpf/bpf-next/c/923096b5cec3
  - [bpf-next,4/6] ice: robustify cleaning/completing XDP Tx buffers
    https://git.kernel.org/bpf/bpf-next/c/aa1d3faf71a6
  - [bpf-next,5/6] ice: fix freeing XDP frames backed by Page Pool
    https://git.kernel.org/bpf/bpf-next/c/055d0920685e
  - [bpf-next,6/6] ice: micro-optimize .ndo_xdp_xmit() path
    https://git.kernel.org/bpf/bpf-next/c/ad07f29b9c9a

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html