Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/5] net/sched: Retire some tc qdiscs and classifiers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 09:00:19 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to netdev/net-next.git (master)
by Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>:

On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 08:49:10 -0500 you wrote:
> The CBQ + dsmark qdiscs and the tcindex + rsvp classifiers have served us for
> over 2 decades. Unfortunately, they have not been getting much attention due
> to reduced usage. While we dont have a good metric for tabulating how much use
> a specific kernel feature gets, for these specific features we observed that
> some of the functionality has been broken for some time and no users complained.
> In addition, syzkaller has been going to town on most of these and finding
> issues; and while we have been fixing those issues, at times it becomes obvious
> that we would need to perform bigger surgeries to resolve things found while
> getting a syzkaller fix in place. After some discussion we feel that in order
> to reduce the maintenance burden it is best to retire them.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next,1/5] net/sched: Retire CBQ qdisc
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/051d44209842
  - [net-next,2/5] net/sched: Retire ATM qdisc
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/fb38306ceb9e
  - [net-next,3/5] net/sched: Retire dsmark qdisc
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/bbe77c14ee61
  - [net-next,4/5] net/sched: Retire tcindex classifier
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/8c710f75256b
  - [net-next,5/5] net/sched: Retire rsvp classifier
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/265b4da82dbf

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html