Subject: Re: [PATCH net] devlink: Fix netdev notifier chain corruption

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 11:00:18 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (master)
by Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>:

On Wed, 15 Feb 2023 09:31:39 +0200 you wrote:
> Cited commit changed devlink to register its netdev notifier block on
> the global netdev notifier chain instead of on the per network namespace
> one.
> 
> However, when changing the network namespace of the devlink instance,
> devlink still tries to unregister its notifier block from the chain of
> the old namespace and register it on the chain of the new namespace.
> This results in corruption of the notifier chains, as the same notifier
> block is registered on two different chains: The global one and the per
> network namespace one. In turn, this causes other problems such as the
> inability to dismantle namespaces due to netdev reference count issues.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net] devlink: Fix netdev notifier chain corruption
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/b20b8aec6ffc

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html