Subject: Re: [PATCH net v2] gve: Cache link_speed value from device

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 05:10:17 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Tue, 21 Mar 2023 10:23:32 -0700 you wrote:
> From: Joshua Washington <[email-masked]>
> 
> The link speed is never changed for the uptime of a VM, and the current
> implementation sends an admin queue command for each call. Admin queue
> command invocations have nontrivial overhead (e.g., VM exits), which can
> be disruptive to users if triggered frequently. Our telemetry data shows
> that there are VMs that make frequent calls to this admin queue command.
> Caching the result of the original admin queue command would eliminate
> the need to send multiple admin queue commands on subsequent calls to
> retrieve link speed.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net,v2] gve: Cache link_speed value from device
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/68c3e4fc8628

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html