Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] macvlan: Allow some packets to bypass broadcast queue

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 08:10:26 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by David S. Miller <[email-masked]>:

On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 10:56:57 +0800 you wrote:
> This patch series allows some packets to bypass the broadcast
> queue on receive.  Currently all multicast packets are queued
> on receive and then processed in a work queue.  This is to avoid
> an unbounded amount of work occurring in the receive path, as
> one broadcast packet could easily translate into 4,000 packets.
> 
> However, for multicast packets with just one receiver (possible
> for IPv6 ND), this introduces unnecessary latency as the packet
> will go to exactly one device.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [1/2] macvlan: Skip broadcast queue if multicast with single receiver
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/d45276e75e90
  - [2/2] macvlan: Add netlink attribute for broadcast cutoff
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/954d1fa1ac93

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html