Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/4] net: rps/rfs improvements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 12:00:18 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>:

On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 23:50:17 +0000 you wrote:
> Jason Xing attempted to optimize napi_schedule_rps() by avoiding
> unneeded NET_RX_SOFTIRQ raises: [1], [2]
> 
> This is quite complex to implement properly. I chose to implement
> the idea, and added a similar optimization in ____napi_schedule()
> 
> Overall, in an intensive RPC workload, with 32 TX/RX queues with RFS
> I was able to observe a ~10% reduction of NET_RX_SOFTIRQ
> invocations.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next,1/4] net: napi_schedule_rps() cleanup
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/8fcb76b934da
  - [net-next,2/4] net: add softnet_data.in_net_rx_action
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/c59647c0dc67
  - [net-next,3/4] net: optimize napi_schedule_rps()
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/821eba962d95
  - [net-next,4/4] net: optimize ____napi_schedule() to avoid extra NET_RX_SOFTIRQ
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/8b43fd3d1d7d

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html