Subject: Re: [PATCH net v2] net/sched: sch_fq: fix integer overflow of "credit"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 03:40:20 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 16:59:46 +0200 you wrote:
> if sch_fq is configured with "initial quantum" having values greater than
> INT_MAX, the first assignment of "credit" does signed integer overflow to
> a very negative value.
> In this situation, the syzkaller script provided by Cristoph triggers the
> CPU soft-lockup warning even with few sockets. It's not an infinite loop,
> but "credit" wasn't probably meant to be minus 2Gb for each new flow.
> Capping "initial quantum" to INT_MAX proved to fix the issue.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net,v2] net/sched: sch_fq: fix integer overflow of "credit"
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/7041101ff6c3

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html