Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] ip, ip6: Fix splice to raw and ping sockets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 19:00:20 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 09:04:16 +0100 you wrote:
> Splicing to SOCK_RAW sockets may set MSG_SPLICE_PAGES, but in such a case,
> __ip_append_data() will call skb_splice_from_iter() to access the 'from'
> data, assuming it to point to a msghdr struct with an iter, instead of
> using the provided getfrag function to access it.
> 
> In the case of raw_sendmsg(), however, this is not the case and 'from' will
> point to a raw_frag_vec struct and raw_getfrag() will be the frag-getting
> function.  A similar issue may occur with rawv6_sendmsg().
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next] ip, ip6: Fix splice to raw and ping sockets
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/5a6f6873606e

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html