Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v3] net: micrel: Change to receive timestamp in the frame for lan8841

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 14:10:24 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by David S. Miller <[email-masked]>:

On Thu, 15 Jun 2023 11:47:40 +0200 you wrote:
> Currently for each timestamp frame, the SW needs to go and read the
> received timestamp over the MDIO bus. But the HW has the capability
> to store the received nanoseconds part and the least significant two
> bits of the seconds in the reserved field of the PTP header. In this
> way we could save few MDIO transactions (actually a little more
> transactions because the access to the PTP registers are indirect)
> for each received frame.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next,v3] net: micrel: Change to receive timestamp in the frame for lan8841
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/cc7554954848

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html