Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 1/1] net: axienet: Move reset before 64-bit DMA detection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 22:50:19 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 22:22:45 +0300 you wrote:
> 64-bit DMA detection will fail if axienet was started before (by boot
> loader, boot ROM, etc). In this state axienet will not start properly.
> XAXIDMA_TX_CDESC_OFFSET + 4 register (MM2S_CURDESC_MSB) is used to detect
> 64-bit DMA capability here. But datasheet says: When DMACR.RS is 1
> (axienet is in enabled state), CURDESC_PTR becomes Read Only (RO) and
> is used to fetch the first descriptor. So iowrite32()/ioread32() trick
> to this register to detect 64-bit DMA will not work.
> So move axienet reset before 64-bit DMA detection.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [v4,1/1] net: axienet: Move reset before 64-bit DMA detection
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/f1bc9fc4a06d

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html