Subject: Re: [PATCH] net/unix: use consistent error code in SO_PEERPIDFD

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2023 23:40:24 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Mon,  7 Aug 2023 10:12:25 +0200 you wrote:
> Change the new (unreleased) SO_PEERPIDFD sockopt to return ENODATA
> rather than ESRCH if a socket type does not support remote peer-PID
> queries.
> 
> Currently, SO_PEERPIDFD returns ESRCH when the socket in question is
> not an AF_UNIX socket. This is quite unexpected, given that one would
> assume ESRCH means the peer process already exited and thus cannot be
> found. However, in that case the sockopt actually returns EINVAL (via
> pidfd_prepare()). This is rather inconsistent with other syscalls, which
> usually return ESRCH if a given PID refers to a non-existant process.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - net/unix: use consistent error code in SO_PEERPIDFD
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/b6f79e826fbd

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html